Persona 5 is clearly the episode of the Atlus series that allowed the latter. To move into another dimension in terms of popularity. That’s why so many players are now hanging on to the lips of SEGA’s subsidiary to find out what it is preparing for its flagship license. Recent statements give clues as to how things might turn out.
The Taiwanese GNN Gamer site took advantage of the Taipei Game Show 2019 to talk with Naoto Hiraoka, Atlus’ senior vice president. During this discussion, the boss of the Japanese publisher. Made several statements about the Persona license and its plans vis-à-vis her. These comments, translated and relayed by the Persona Central site, are as follows:
- Persona 5 now has 2.4 million copies sold worldwide.
- The integration of Joker in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was made at the request of Masahiro Sakurai, the director of the fighting game. The latter is a fan of Persona 5 and has contacted Atlus to invite Joker in his game.
- To know if the presence of Joker in Smash Bros. is a sign of the upcoming release of Persona 5 on Switch, Naoto Hiraoka replied: ” We do not have a specific answer to this question but I personally think that the Nintendo Switch is a very attractive platform. “
- Atlus’s biggest challenge right now is to do better than Persona 5 with Project Re Fantasy and other projects that have not been announced yet.
- Speaking of possible remasters of Persona 3 and Persona 4, Naoto Hiraoka replied: ” Even though we can not tell you anything specific for the moment, we have received many suggestions from the players. including the voices of the players and if there is an opportunity, we will actively consider it. “
This kind of interview is not usually the scene of thunderous announcements. It is therefore not surprising that Naoto Hiraoka remains evasive. His statements about portages, however, suggest that this is a very real possibility. And as for Persona 5, players already know that several games are currently under construction. One of them, certainly the so-called Switch port, should be announced in a few weeks.
Would you be interested in ports of Persona 3 and 4 on the current platforms? If so, what console (s) would you like them to go out? Give us your opinion in the comments below.