Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition debuted on Nintendo Switch in April 2017: two years after its launch, the game continues to enjoy incredible success in the United Kingdom.
This is what emerges from the British sales charts dedicated to the Kyoto House hybrid console. During the week that ended on April 27th, the famous kart game has indeed conquered the top, winning the first position among the best-selling games on Nintendo Switch. A result that confirms previously released data: in October last year, the game still sold 300,000 copies a month, marking record numbers for MK8 Deluxe in 2018 in Britain. Below is the ranking with the top ten positions:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – Nintendo
- Yoshi’s Crafted World – Nintendo
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
- Pokemon: Let’s Go: Pikachu – Nintendo
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
- Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
- Super Mario Party – Nintendo
- FIFA 19 – EA
However, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is not the only game with a few years on its shoulders to feature in the standings. Inside the UK top-ten, the acclaimed The Legend of Zelda also found space: Breath of the Wild, released at the same time as the console was launched, and Super Mario Odyssey.