Konami Digital Entertainment today announced that the Castlevania Anniversary Collection is available now, on digital exclusive, on PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch eShop and Steam for PC.
This collection, thanks to the inclusion of titles such as Castlevania Bloodlines (known in Europe as Castlevania The New Generation), Castlevania III Dracula’s Curse, and Kid Dracula ( never before released outside Japan ), pays tribute to the legendary origins of this unforgettable saga. Below is the complete list of video games included in the Anniversary Collection:
- Castlevania (NES)
- Castlevania II Simon’s Quest (NES)
- Castlevania III Dracula’s Curse (NES)
- Super Castlevania IV (Super NES)
- Castlevania The Adventure (Game Boy)
- Castlevania II Belmont’s Revenge (GBA)
- Castlevania Bloodlines (Sega Genesis)
- Kid Dracula (Famicom)
- EBook Bonus
Castlevania Anniversary Collection is one of the products released by Konami for its 50th-anniversary celebrations and includes some of the most popular video games in its history. Last month Konami released the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection and during the summer of 2019, the Contra Anniversary Collection will also be available.
Following numerous requests from the gamer community, several updates are being developed for all the Anniversary Collection, these free updates will include these new features:
- Arcade Classics: Possibility to play with the vertically oriented screen on Nintendo Switch (Tate mode)
- Arcade Classics / Castlevania /Contra: Possibility of being able to play Japanese ROMs of the most famous titles on each platform
- Castlevania /Contra: Possibility to select also the Japanese scans of the bonus books
To give life to the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, Konami has partnered with the development studio M2 which has adapted these classic titles to modern gaming platforms. This digital collection is a tribute to the origins of the Castlevania saga and includes an ebook with an interview with Adi Shankar, producer of the animated series.