Up until 22:00 (GMT+2) on May 28, Pokemon GO coaches can participate in the Extraordinary Raid Week, with the possibility of facing numerous legendary Pokemon. In this mini-guide, we will provide you with tips and useful strategies to better face the event.
During this week you will have the opportunity to face Raid against the following Pokemon:
- 1 Star: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
- 2 Stars: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
- 3 Stars: Raichu by Alola, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
- 4 Stars: Marowak of Alola, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross
Requirements to participate in Raids
To participate in a Raid, players must be at least level 10. Furthermore, you must have a Raid Pass, which can be obtained by rotating the disk of any gym. You can keep one Pass at a time, and you can buy more in the store for the price of 100 PokeCoins.
Tricks and Strategies to deal with Raids
- Build your team around boss weaknesses.
- Prefer the Pokemon that have the strongest charged attack, since it will be very effective in combat.
- Usually, Raid bosses have ten times more PL than normal Pokemon, so the fight could take a while.
- Remember to dodge! Scroll to both sides as soon as you see a flash, so as to avoid any attack by the boss.
- Turn up the volume on your smartphone to make dodging easier.
- In some surroundings, the weather conditions can play in your favor. Build your team taking this into account.
Boss weaknesses and better-attacking Pokemon
Below we list the best types of attacking Pokemon to use against any boss that can be faced during the Extraordinary Raid Week:
- Machop : Volante, Psico, Folletto
- Slakoth : Fight
- Shinx : Earth
- Bronzor : Fire, Earth, Ghost, Darkness
- Misdreavus : Dark, Specter
- Kirlia : Specter, Steel, Poison
- Mawile : Fire, Earth
- Feebas : Electro, Grass
- Clamperl : Electro, Grass
- Bibarel : Electro, Lotta, Erba
- Raichu of Alola : Fight
- Chansey : Fight
- Scyther : Rock, Electro, Fire, Steering Wheel, Ice
- Aerodactyl : Electro, Ice, Rock, Steel, Water
- Floatzel : Electro, Grass
- Marolak of Alola : Darkness
- Dragonite : Ice, Dragon, Rock, Sprite
- Tyranitar : Fight, Beetle, Grass, Earth, Steel, Water, Fairy
- Absol : Fight, Beetle, Sprite
- Metagross : Fire, Earth, Specter, Darkness
According to the boss that you will have to face in the Raid, therefore, we recommend you to form a team with some Pokemon able to inflict types of attack to which the boss is weak.
In addition to the chance to meet a chromatic Bronzor, we remind you that during the Extraordinary Raid Week you can also get double the experience points and stardust following the completion of the Raids. During Wednesday 22 May 2019, to be precise, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm (GMT+2), the number of available Raids will be increased.
Meanwhile, did you know that 16 new fourth-generation Pokemon have arrived in Pokemon GO?