After months of rumors, the Kyoto house has finally announced Nintendo Switch Lite, a more accessible version of the hybrid console that does without the home features to focus on mobile gaming.
As a result, the new family member has a small size. As we have already seen in our screen analysis, Nintendo Switch Lite has a 5.5-inch display, measures 91.1 x 208 x 13.9mm and weighs 275g, against 6.2 inches, 102 x 239 x 13, 9mm and 398g (with the connected Joy-Con) of the older sister. But how do you deal with other portable consoles? Let’s find out together!
Console | Screen size | Device size | Weight
- Nintendo Switch Lite : 5.5 “| 91.1 x 208 x 13.9mm | 275g
- Nintendo Switch : 6.2 “| 102 x 239 x 13.9mm (Joy-Con connected) | 398g
- New Nintendo 3DS : 3.88 “(upper), 3.3” (lower) | 80.6 x 142 x 21.6mm (closed) | 253g
- New Nintendo 3DS XL : 4.88 “(upper), 4.18” (interior) | 93.5 x 160 x 21.5mm (closed) | 329g
- Nintendo 2DS : 3.53 “(upper), 3.02” (lower) | 127 x 144 x 20.3mm | 260g
- New Nintendo 2DS XL : 4.88 “(upper), 4.18” (interior) | 86.3 x 160 x 13.9mm (closed) | 260g
- PlayStation Vita Slim : 5 “| 83.5 x 182 x 15mm | 219g
- PSP 3000 : 4.3 “| 71 x 169 x 19mm | 189g
What do you think? Do you believe that Nintendo Switch Lite has the right size for a portable console? The launch, we recall, is scheduled for next September 20 in three different colors, Gray, Turquoise and Yellow, at a price of 219.99 euros. Some games will not be compatible with Nintendo Switch Lite without using Joy-Con.