After discussing the longevity of Control and the opportunity to create a VR version, the Remedy guys update the Epic Games Store Control page to publish the double information sheet with the minimum and recommended requirements of the PC version of their action metroidvania.
As suggested by all the tests of Control offered to us in recent months by the Finnish developers, the new epic thrilling signed by Sam Lake (Max Payne’s father and Alan Wake) will be particularly lacking in resources, especially for those who decide to face it by enabling the advanced dynamic lighting effects through Ray Tracing.
Control – Minimum Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD RX580 or higher
- Video Card (deciding to enable Ray Tracing): Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
- RAM memory: 8 GB
Control – Recommended Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon VII or higher
- Video Card (deciding to enable Ray Tracing): Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
- RAM memory: 16 GB
Looking at this double card, it is, however, worth emphasizing the fact that the Remedy team wanted to spend itself to allow access to DXR technology even to users with a not too demanding hardware configuration, provided however that they have a video card. Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 to benefit from the Control effects in Ray Tracing.
What do you think of these requirements, do you consider them “fair” with respect to what is shown to us by Remedy or do you consider them too high? Before leaving any further judgment to you, we remind you that Control will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 27th.