As we write to you, game director Jeff Kaplan is live in the company of Dallas Fuel professional Brandon “Seagull” Larned to show Sigma, the 31st Overwatch hero, in action for the first time ever .
During the broadcast, it was confirmed that it is a tank, which will then go alongside the already present Reindhart, Roadhog, D.va, Orisa, Wrecking Ball, Winston, and Zarya. Sigma is already available in the Overwatch PTR, ready to be tested by players. For the launch on the live servers of all the platforms, it will be necessary instead to wait a few weeks. It has a total of 400 Health points, of which 100 are Shield (rechargeable). Below is a quick description of the skills in his possession:
- Ipersfere (basic fire): Sigma launches two gravitational charges that bounce off the walls and implode after a short time, causing damage to the area;
- Experimental Barrier: Sigma summons a floating barrier in a place of its choice, which can be recalled at any time;
- Kinetic Grasp: Sigma blocks projectiles in mid-air, converting them into shield points.
- Accretion: Sigma collects at a pile of debris to throw them at enemies to shoot them down;
- Gravitic Flux (Ultimate): Sigma manipulates gravity to float, lift enemies up in the air and throw them to the ground;
Sigma is an eccentric astrophysicist who dreamed of revealing the mysteries of the universe before becoming, in spite of himself, an unstoppable living weapon affiliated with Talon. His real name is Siebren de Kuiper, he is 62 years old and comes from the Netherlands.