During the Opening Night Live ceremony on August 19th, the Gamescom Awards 2019were also awarded, the prizes dedicated to the best games of the fair, to which will be added the special prizes decided by the jury on August 24th, the day the event will close.
Among the prizes awarded during the show are DOOM Eternal, Roller Champions, Desperados 3, Dreams, The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint and GRID. Below is the complete list of prizes awarded.
Gamescom Awards 2019
- Best action and adventure game: Blacksad Under the Skin
- Best action game: Eternal DOOM
- Best sports game: Roller Champions
- Best strategy game: Desperados III
- Most original game: Dreams
- Best Xbox game: Gears 5
- Best Nintendo Switch Game: The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening
- Best PS4 game: Dreams
- Best mobile game: Battle Chasers Nightwar Mobile Edition
- Best PC game: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Best game for families: Concrete Genie
- Best racing game: GRID
- Best RPG: Wasteland 3
- Best simulation: Planet Zoo
Particularly noteworthy is Dreams by Sony and Media Molecule, which brings home two statuettes, that is the best PlayStation 4 game and the most original game of Gamescom 2019. Sony also triumphs in the best family game category with Concrete Genie. Excellent feedback also for Eternal DOOM (best action game), Ghost Recon Breakpoint (best PC game) and Gears 5 (best Xbox game).