In the modern gaming landscape, there is enough space for everything. From high-budget story-driven productions to multiplayer games, including independent titles, remastered titles, remakes and more, so on. Nintendo Switch is certainly no exception, as it contains titles from all those categories in its catalog.
About the remakes, the editing of Video Games Chronicle has well thought to ask to some of the developers which are the classics of the past come out on the consoles of the great N that they would like that they were brought back to life on Switch. Jens Andersson, Game Director of Yoku’s Island Express and The Darkness, would like a remake of Bubble Bobble, a puzzle platformer that would go well with the features of Nintendo Switch, perfect for cooperative play. Fortunately for him, he will be able to “console himself” with a new chapter in the series entitled Bubble Bobble 4 Friends. Mark Stevenson, Art Director of Donkey Kong 64 and Kameo, would do everything for a remake of Donkey Kong Country 2.
Our Davide Soliani, Game Director of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, says that Gunpei Yokoi went to visit him in a dream asking him to develop a 1986 Metroid remaster! We hope that premonition is realized! Grant Kirkhope, composer of Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Pinata would gladly play a remake of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Who knows, Nintendo could please him … after all, he is about to launch The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening! Below is a quick overview of the wishes of other developers:
- Phil Duncan, Designer of Overcooked: Star Fox 64 ;
- Patrick Plourde, Creative Director of Child of Light and Watch Dogs 2: Ogre Battle 64 ;
- Alex Hutchinson, Creative Director of Far Cry 4: Balloon Fight ;
- David Doak, Designer of Timesplitter and Perfect Dark: GoldenEye 007 ;
- James Mielke, Creative Director of Jupiter & Mars: Skies of Arcadia ;
- Robin Beanland, Composer of Sea of Thieves and Killer Instinct: Tetrisphere ;
- Ted Timmins, Designer of Fable 2 and Sea of Thieves: Donkey Kong ;
- Steve Mayles, Character Designer of Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country: Panel de Pon ;
To you instead? What remake of a famous game released on Nintendo’s consoles would you like to play on Switch?