eFootball PES 2020 can boast Juventus exclusively, but some teams and entire leagues are still without a license. However, PS4 and PC players can import the names, logos and official jerseys of unlicensed teams by downloading the options file: let’s see how.
The options file is an amateur mod that allows you to import the names, logos and complete sets of unlicensed teams of PES 2020. At the moment it is possible to apply this mod only on the PS4 and PC versions of the game: below we explain how to do it step by step after step.
How to import the options file on PS4
To import the options file on PS4 you will need a USB stick. After getting one, you will only have to follow these instructions:
- Format the USB stick in FAT32
- Create a folder inside the USB stick and call it “WEPES”
- Download the options file of your preference. Over the next few days, you will find several, especially on the PES World portal. Meanwhile, we point out that it is possible to download a good option file on PES-Patch.com.
- After downloading the options file, insert it into the “WEPES” folder on the USB stick. If the options file you downloaded is in zip format, you will first need to decompress it.
- Insert the USB stick in your PS4 and start PES 2020.
- From the main menu select “Edit”, then “Data management”, then move the cursor to “Import / Export”.
- Go to “Import team”, check all the boxes on the “Select file” page and continue. Repeat the same operation for “Import competitions”. Then there are the “Detailed Settings”, where you will have to leave all the boxes unchecked.
- The files will then be added automatically. Wait for the data to be transferred.
- Make sure you select the “Save” option on the “Data management” page that appears at the end of the process.
- At this point, the championship logos still need to be added manually. Go back to “Data Management”, then “Import / Export” and select “Import images”.
- Next, select the “Competition emblems” option on the “Import images” screen.
- Check all the individual images (not the folders) and press OK.
- Finally, it is necessary to manually change each league with the newly imported logos, by scrolling through the “Competition Category” pages.
How to import the options file on PC
Importing the file option on a PC is a simpler operation, and does not require the use of a USB stick. First of all, you will have to download the mod. While waiting for new option files to be published on PES World, we recommend that you download the GreenPatch V1.0 on PES-Patch.com. After doing so, just follow these instructions:
- Once you have downloaded the options file, install it following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- When the installer asks you to specify the folder in which to install the files, select the path where PES 2020 has been installed. Normally, for Steam users, this is the path C: / Steam / SteamApps / Common / eFootball PES 2020.
- Check whether the installation was successful by checking the names, logos, and meshes of the unlicensed teams. Contrary to what was seen on PS4, on the PC the installation of the options file is completely automatic.
Following the instructions in our guide, therefore, you will be able to import the names, logos and complete official documents of the non-licensed teams of eFootball PES 2020. Unfortunately, at the moment the operation can only be performed on PS4 and PC, and not on Xbox One. If things change in the future, we will update this guide explaining how to complete the procedure also on the Microsoft console.