NPD released the hardware and software sales data of the American market in August 2019, promptly commented by the analyst Mat Piscatella. According to the statement, sales for the month of August have never been so low since 1998.
The software market generated a turnover of 257 million dollars, down from 341 million in August 2018. In total, sales of hardware, software, accessories (including prepaid credit cards or service subscriptions) digital) amounted to 666 million dollars.
Best-selling games in the USA – August 2019
The August ranking sees Madden NFL 20 in the first place, followed by Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto V. In the top ten there are also numerous exclusive Nintendo Switches like Fire Emblem Three Houses, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Mario Maker 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- Madden NFL 20 (excluding digital sales)
- Minecraft (excluding digital sales)
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Fire Emblem Three Houses (excluding digital sales)
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate (excluding digital sales)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (excluding digital sales)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (excluding digital sales)
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Astral Chain (excluding digital sales)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (excluding digital sales)
- Red Dead Redemption II
- Call of Duty Black Ops IIII (excluding digital sales)
- Age of Wonders Planetfall
- Super Mario Party (excluding digital sales)
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order (excluding digital sales)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (excluding digital sales)
- The Dark Pictures Man of Medan
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Good success for Astral Chain which debuted in the tenth position while The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan debuted at position number 19. Remedy’s control fails to grab the top 20, the game debuts at number 23, a not particularly flattering result on the market American, where the title, however, seems to have enjoyed a not particularly bombastic marketing campaign.