As is now the case every week, the Japanese hardware and software sales rankings of the week between September 23 and 29 were published today and, without any particular surprises, we find the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of a Lost Era.
Excellent results also for Code Vein, the soulslike of the authors of God Eater who is having some success also in Japanese territory, where he reached the second place of the best-selling video games in just 48 hours from the launch.
Here is the list of best-selling games:
- [Switch] Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of a Lost Age – Definitive Edition (includes copies sold by the Limited Edition) (Square Enix, 09/27/19) – 303.204
- [PS4] Code Vein (Bandai Namco, 09/27/19) – 60,843
- [PS4] Ryza Atelier: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (Koei Tecmo, 09/26/19) – 53.428
- [Switch] The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Nintendo, 09/20/19) – 45.775 (187.150)
- [PS4] Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Falcom, 09/26/19) – 45.378
- [PS4] FIFA 20 (Electronic Arts, 09/27/19) – 43.751
- [PS4] World of War Z (H2 Interactive, 09/26/19) – 27.872
- [PS4] Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition (Capcom, 09/06/19) – 26.324 (346.239)
- [Switch] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (Koei Tecmo, 09/26/19) – 25,538
- [Switch] Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo, 06/28/19) – 14.731 (644.445)
The debut of Dragon Quest XI on Switch has also driven sales of the two models of the Nintendo console, which has placed 115,732 “standard” units and 80,757 Lite.