Thanks to the financial reports coming from the last meetings with the investors of the main video game publishers, the list of next-gen games coming to PlayStation 5 receives an important update.
The most surprising news comes from the upper echelons of Ubisoft with the announcement, by the transalpine videogame giant, of the postponement of several projects also in relation to their optimization on next-gen consoles: among these titles, Watch Dogs Legion are expressly mentioned, Gods & Monsters and Rainbow Six Quarantine. To these will be added also two triple-A games which, according to rumors circulated on the net in these months, should be Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Assassin’s Creed Kingdom, also destined to land on the white digital shores of the future PlayStation console.
Even the other giants of the sector are preparing for the advent of PS5 , but acting in random order regarding the way in which their titles are presented: if, however, there are those who do not hide that they are already working on next-gen games (as in the cases of Sumo Digital, Avalanche Studios, Bluepoint Games and Techland), there are also those who prefer to keep the strictest secrecy and sip information to avoid premature news leaks (as in the case of Activision and the will to support a new third-party IP to fill the gap left by Destiny).
So let’s take stock of the situation to draw up the list of the most talked-about games that, between confirmations (few) and indiscretions (lots of them), should arrive on PlayStation 5 :
- The Elder Scrolls 6
- New game from Avalanche Studios (Just Cause 5?)
- Activision: new Call of Duty and new IP “post-Destiny”
- Ubisoft: Watch Dogs Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, Assassin’s Creed Kingdom and Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Focus Home Interactive: Deck13’s new game, authors of The Surge 2
- Rockstar Games: GTA 6 and Bully 2
- Diablo 4
- Overwatch 2
- Dragon Age 4
- Sniper Elite 5
- The Lord of the Rings Gollum
- Harry Potter RPG
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Batman Arkham Legacy (or Batman Court of Owls)
- Project Awakening
- Grant Tourism 7
- Demon’s Souls Remastered (or Bloodborne 2?)
- God of War 2
- Playroom 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (plus a multiplayer game set in the Killzone dimension)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- FIFA 21
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2021
- Kingdom Hearts 4
- PS4 cross-gen titles with enhanced features on PS5: The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, Death Stranding, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2
During industry events and events to be held in the next few months, we will receive a final confirmation or denial of video games rumored for the launch (or in any case for the first phase of the life cycle) of PlayStation 5, expected for Christmas 2020.