Quibi, a platform that will be launched next Monday in the United States, and will be specifically dedicated to presenting content shorts are developed to be viewed on mobile devices, became the big news of the first months of the audiovisual market.
The following is a tap with the most important of the new player of the field of streaming platforms that wants to bother to giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or Disney+:
– Quibi is a contraction of the words “quick bites” or “snacks fast”. All of your content into episodes of no more than 10 minutes.
– It was founded by the producer Meg Whitman and Jeffrey Katzenberg, former president of Disney and founder of DreamWorks Animation.
– 1,750 million dollars raised to be able to develop their productions. Six million dollars of average per hour of shooting; a budget that assumes a quality that few series traditional can aspire to.
– Will cost five dollars per month with advertising, and eight without advertisements. Its price also speaks of the place that he wants to occupy in the audiovisual offer, all time Disney+ it costs in the united States seven dollars, Netflix $ 13 the standard account, and Amazon nine.
– Will feature three types of content: Movies into chapters of between seven and ten minutes (equivalent to a web series), series, documentaries or entertainment, and news programs of between five and six minutes.
– On the day of its launch will have 51 titles ready to view on-demand. 175 titles and 8,500 total episodes debuting for the first year only.
– The platform developed a technology called the Turnstyle, which allows you to view the content both in vertical as in horizontal, and some programs will offer a complementary experiences depending on how you look.
– Will work on the contents of the most recognized figures of Hollywood. Guillermo del Toro, Sam Raimi, Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Steven Soderbergh, Jennifer Lopez, Jon Favreau, Dwayne Johnson, and Reese Witherspoon is already producing any of the programs.
– Among the actors and actresses there is no shortage of stars: Kevin Hart, Christoph Waltz, Liam Hemsworth, Sophie Turner and Laura Dern are some of the that will be on display.