The exmagnate of Hollywood Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexually abusing a third victim, which adds to the open case against you in Los Angeles, prosecutors said Friday.
Weinstein, 68-year-old, already is serving 23 years in New York, where a court found it guilty of rape and sexual abuse, in the process considered a triumph for the movement #MeToo against the abuses in the film industry.
The new charge of “sexual assault by restriction” will be part of another trial that is prepared in Los Angeles based on allegations that he abused several women in local hotels.
The office of the prosecutor has already requested a transfer of the once influential and powerful producer of the film to California for the trial, whose start date has not yet been fixed.
“We continue to build and strengthen our case,” said the prosecutor of Los Angeles, Jackie Lacey. “If we find new evidence of a crime is not reported above, as we did here, we will investigate and we will determine whether to file additional criminal charges”.
The new charge alleges that She was sexually assaulted by an unidentified woman in Beverly Hills in may of 2010, just within the limitation period of 10 years.
He had already been charged with the rape and sexual assault of two other women on consecutive nights in 2013.
If convicted of all charges, faces an additional statement of 29 years in prison.
For decades, Weinstein was a towering figure in Hollywood to the point that Meryl Streep called him “God”.
After the barrage of allegations of misconduct reported in the press, was expelled from the Academy of motion picture Arts and Sciences, who awarded their movies, several Oscar nominations.
Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek were just a few of the nearly 90 women who complained of decades of vile predatory behavior of Weinstein, who has always denied the charges against her.