If you’re a great admirer of Bruce Lee you’re already jumping from excitement from the moment you saw the title of this note, because yes, Criterion Collection has just released a box of the master of martial arts whose name is Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits.
We also recommend: This watch inspired in Bruce Lee is a hit of kung fu to our hearts
But what contains this beautiful box set? In the first place, you’ll be able to enjoy five great classics: The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Game of Death, The Way of The Dragon and Enter the Dragon. But this is only a taste of basic for the fans.
Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits in addition it will contain the following special features:
- Restorations digital 4K The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Game of Death and The Way of the Dragonwith soundtracks monaural original uncompressed. (Or is that need a good home theater, to live the experience to the max).
- New digital restoration in 2K from the 1973 edition of 99 minutes, seldom seen, of Enter the Dragonwith soundtrack mono original uncompressed.
- Restore digital 2K version of “special edition” of 102 minutes of Enter the Dragon.
Soundtracks alternate audio for the films, including original tracks dubbed into English and a soundtrack to 5.1 surround for the version of the special edition of Enter the Dragon.
- Six audio commentaries: on The Big Boss the expert in Bruce Lee, Brandon Bentley; in addition to comments of the expert in the cinema of Hong Kong Mike Leeder in The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Game of Death and The Way of the Dragon; and for v special edition Enter the Dragon, comments from producer Paul Heller.
- Presentation in high-definition Game of Death IIthe sequel of Game of Death 1981.
- Game of Death Reduxa new presentation of the original video Game of Deathproduced by Alan Canvan.
- New interviews in the five films with the biographer of Lee, Matthew Polly.
- New interview with producer Andre Morgan on Golden Harvest, the company behind the leading stars of the martial arts of Hong Kong, including Bruce Lee.
- New program on dubbing in English with interpreters voice Michael Kaye (the voice of the English-speaking Chen Zhen Lee Fist of Fury) and Vaughan Savidge.
- New interview with the author, Grady Hendrix on the sub-genre of Bruceploitation that followed the death of Lee, and a selection of trailers of Bruceploitation.
- Blood and Steela documentary from 2004 on the implementation of Enter the Dragon.
- Multiple programs and documentaries about the life and philosophies of Bruce Lee, including Bruce Lee: The Man and the Legend (1973) and Bruce Lee: In His Own Words (1998).
- Interviews with Linda Lee Cadwell, the widow of Lee and many of the collaborators and admirers of Lee, including actors Jon T. Benn, Riki Hashimoto, Nora Miao, Robert Wall, Yuen Wah, Simon Yam and directors Clarence Fok, Sammo Hung and Wong Jing.
- Promotional materials.
- New translations of the subtitles in English and subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- An essay by the critic Jeff Chang.
The box Bruce Lee: The Greatest Hits from Criterion Collection will be available from the 14th of July 2020.