Ariana Grande: three years of the attack at their show in Manchester

0

As of may 22, 2017, just after ten-thirty in the evening, a bomb exploded on the outside of the stadium, Manchester Arena, in England, when it was a concert of the american singer Ariana Grande. The attack -then he knew that it had been committed by the children of libyan refugees- left 22 dead and almost a thousand wounded, many of them boys and jóvenes. This Friday is the three-year anniversary of that fatal episode.

Ariana Grande, pop star, was in Manchester as part of his tour Dangerous Woman Tour.

The blast occurred near the area of ticket sales. The next day, the terrorist group Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack through a video.

After the attack, some of the attendees of the show reported, through social networks, the moment of terror that had lived. “Simply I ran outside of an explosion, I thought I was going to die”, told a young man in a state of shock, on his Twitter account.

In that same social network, other users noted that they saw “blood everywhere” and several people injured.


There was “blood everywhere”, and told the assistants to the concert of Ariana Grande.

We hear the sirens of police and ambulances. It was terrifying. There were thousands of people trying to get out quickly. They were all screaming and crying. The place smelled of smoke and burnt“added another witness.

After that, Large wrote in the social networks: “Shattered. From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. I don’t have words“.

Right away, canceled the shows I had scheduled to do in London. In addition, took charge of the funeral of the victims of the attack. And, just 13 days of the tragedy, returned to Manchester, in this case, the stadium Old Trafford, to make a concert “to benefit the victims”.

“I’ll be back to the amazing and courageous city of Manchester to connect and spend time with my fans, in addition to perform a benefit concert to honor and raise money for the victims and their families,” said Ariana, when she announced the event.

The concert is called One Love Manchester. And included with several figures invited, including Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, The Black Eyed Peas, Robbie Williams and Coldplay.

Grande was named “honorary citizen” of Manchester.


Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus, during the show “One Love Manchester”.

With the time, we knew that Ariana was traumatized through his attack. He told Scooter Braun, his agent: “When he discovered that some of their fans had died, felt very sad. Was crying for days. She felt everything, every name, every face that announced… Every little emotion, because this is how it is”.

Also, Braun said that Ariana was so bad that I didn’t know if she would sing. Then asked him to do something to pay tribute to the victims and that their deaths had not been “in vain”.

Hence the idea of the concert One Love Manchester. More than 50,000 people were at the show and the concert was followed by millions of people on the internet. “The star of the show, in my opinion, in addition to Ariana, it was the public,” continued Braun. “The terrorists made a mistake… they chose the show wrong, because if they thought that we were going to shoot down is that you don’t know Ariana and not know me”.

In April 2018, the singer presented his new topic, No Tears Left To Cry (there are No tears left to cry), in which he referred to the attack.

“No I still have tears to cry, so I’m going to love, I’m going to live, and I’m going to recover”, says Big, in a song that calls to overcome the fear and to hatred, “even when it is raining.”

Salman Abedi, captured by security cameras before the attack on the show of Ariana Grande.

Salman Abedi, captured by security cameras before the attack on the show of Ariana Grande.

At the end of march of this year, Hashem Abedi, the brother of the suicide bomber of Manchester, Salman Abedi, was convicted of the dead and the wounded.

Hashem, of 22 years, was in Libya at the time of the attack, but was arrested shortly after the explosion and extradited back to England in 2019.

During the trial of six weeks, prosecutors said Abedi “encouraged and helped his brother” and that he knew that Salman “was planning to commit an atrocity”.

“You have blood on your hands, even if not detonated the bomb,” said Max Hill, the director of the office of the Prosecutor, in a press release.

Hashem Abedi was not on the court when he was sentenced, after refusing to give evidence and to dismiss their attorneys.

“This verdict will not cure the wounds of the people physically injured in the attack, many of whom have injuries that are life-changing,” said Paul Hett, whose son Martyn died in the attack.

“And this verdict will not help more than 670 people who have suffered psychological trauma after the attack, many of whom still suffer today,” he added.

“But what will this verdict is to give a sense of overwhelming justice to all those affected by this heinous crime”.

Also, prosecutors presented the jury with a chronology of events.

The court he heard how Hashem Abedi had asked some acquaintances who purchase on your behalf products chemicals, which could be used to make explosives.

In addition, it was said that it got metal drums to build prototypes of pumps, and that he bought a used car for storing the components of the pump, according to a statement from the Police of Manchester.

“The witnesses also gave evidence in court that suggested that the brothers had developed a mentality an extremist. A witness testified in court that, in his opinion, Hashem ‘thought on terrorism’”, he added.

The brothers had travelled together to Libya in April 2017, to see his family. Hashem remained in the north African country and Salman returned to England in may, to finish arming the bomb.

“As of may 22, 2017, Salman Abedi entered the Manchester Arena and detonated the device that he and Hashem had made, killing himself and 22 others, and injuring nearly 1,000 attendees,” added the police.

The two brothers grew up in Manchester with his parents, who had fled from Libya under the regime of Muammar Gaddafi. His father, Ramadan, returned to Libya in 2011 after the rebels overthrew the government during the wave of protests known as the Arab Spring. His wife joined him in early 2017.

Thursday, February 21st, dedicated to the victims of the attack, Ariana wrote in his account of Instagram: “I’ll be thinking of you all week and the weekend”.

As part of the same message, the artist of 26 years, added: “Not a day goes by without it affecting you and to all of us. The sadness and the tremendous heaviness of the anniversary… My heart, my thoughts and my prayers are always with you”.

See also

The pop star accompanied the message with a black heart and an emoji of a bee. The insect, an emblem of Manchester, was adopted as a symbol of hope and resilience after the attack.

WD