Prosecute the brother of attacker in concert of Ariana Grande

0

The younger brother of the suicide bomber who killed 22 people at a concert of Ariana Grande in Manchester is just as guilty as the attacker, said on Tuesday a british fiscal. The surviving brother is being prosecuted for murder.

Hashem Abedi, 22, is accused of conspiring with his brother Salman Abedi, who died when he detonated a bomb hidden in a backpack in the lobby of the Arena Manchester on 22 may 2017. The attack left more than 260 injured.

Hashem Abedi had traveled to Libya, the homeland of their parents, before the attack in the city in the northwest of England. A militia allied to the government recognized by the UN in the libyan capital arrested in Tripoli and was extradited to Britain last year.

Abedi faces 22 counts of murder for the victims who died in the attack, a charge of attempted murder for the wounded and a charge of conspiracy with his brother to cause explosions.

When you open the case in the Central Criminal Court of London, the solicitor of the office of the prosecutor Duncan Penny said that the brothers planned the attack for months, assembling metal containers, in which they placed nails and screws as shrapnel and chemicals such as explosives.

“This set of tests indicates that the defendant in this case, the surviving brother, is just as responsible for the crimes that caused so many deaths, serious injuries and damage after the detonation of the bomb on the part of his brother which is dead,” said Penny.

“The bomb that was detonated was clearly designed to kill and maim as many people as possible,” he added. “It was full of shrapnel and lethal, and it was detonated in a crowd of people in a very public, with the intent to kill and inflict maximum damage”, he added.

The trial is scheduled to last eight weeks.