Several health units in Curitiba registered a queue and high waiting time for service this Thursday (28).
An investigation of the RPC pointed out that in at least three units, the waiting time ranged from 3 to 4 hours. These were the cases of the Pinheirinho, Boqueirão and Sítio Cercado units.
- Health services are reorganized to absorb increased pediatric demand
- Pequeno Príncipe Hospital temporarily closes SUS emergency care
“Lots of people waiting, child, you crying… And nothing to be called. There was a mother who gave up, with a child on her lap”, said a patient, who reported having waited 4 hours to be seen at Sítio Cercado.
According to the Municipal Health Department (SMS), the high demand for care, especially children with respiratory symptoms, has increased the waiting time for less severe cases.
Faced with the problem, from Friday (29), 11 health units in the capital will be exclusive, indefinitely, for care of mild and moderate respiratory symptoms in children and adults. See list below.
- Check the list of 11 units that will serve adults and children
Patients with severe symptoms should seek the Emergency Care Units.
- Cases evaluated with mild: runny nose, cough and sore throat
- Cases rated as moderate: fever above 37, vomiting and shortness of breath
According to the municipality, residents of Curitiba with mild respiratory symptoms can also opt for teleconsultation, by calling 3350-9000. The call center is open from Sunday to Sunday, from 8 am to 8 pm.
Number of cases of respiratory diseases increased
- See the Covid vaccine application schedule in Curitiba between April 25th and 29th
- People with depression and anxiety can seek help at Health Units in Curitiba
Of the 11 exclusive units, nine will not apply flu and Covid-19 vaccines. The exception is for the unit Ombudsman Pardinho and mother from Curitiba.
Opening hours will be Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm, and on Saturday, from 8 am to 5 pm.
Bairro Novo Health Unit
- Rua Paulo Rio Branco de Macedo, 791 – Sítio Cercado
Cajuru Sanitary District
Iracema Health Unit
- Rua Professor Nivaldo Braga, 1571 – Capão da Imbuia
Porta Sanitary District
Santa Amelia Health Unit
- Rua Berta Klemtz, 215 – Fazendinha
Santa Felicidade Sanitary District
São Braz Health Unit
- Rua Antônio Escorsin, 1960 – São Braz
Boqueirão Health District
Vila Hauer Health Unit
- Rua Waldemar Kost, 650 – Hauer
Pinheirinho Sanitary District
- Rua Theofhilo Mansur, 500 – New World
Boa Vista Health District
Jardim Aliança Health Unit
- Rua José Ursolino Filho, 646 – Santa Candida
Campo Alegre Health Unit
- Avenida das Industrias, 1749 – Industrial City
Tatuquara Sanitary District
Rio Bonito Health Unit
- R. Fanny Bertoldi, 170 – Campo do Santana
Main Health District
Mother Curitibana Health Unit (children’s exclusive care)
- Rua Jaime Reis, 331 – Alto do São Francisco
Ouvidor Pardinho Health Unit (exclusive service for adolescents, adults and the elderly)
- Rua 24 de Maio, 807 – Praça Ouvidor Pardinho
This Thursday, the city government announced a restructuring package to reduce the impact of the usual increase in respiratory diseases on the city’s health services with the arrival of autumn and winter.
Throughout the week, SMS also articulated the activation of pediatric beds in hospitals in the SUS network. Ten beds were activated at the Evangelical University Hospital and ten more are being activated at the Hospital de Clínicas.
Next Monday (2), SMS starts the gradual activation of 30 beds at Hospital Bairro Novo. On the same day, ten will be activated and the others during the week.
Another measure will be the cancellation of elective pediatric surgeries in hospitals accredited to SUS, this move will allow the activation of new pediatric beds.
Increase in pediatric care
In January, 19% of the 93,248 services provided by the UPAs in Curitiba were children, in April, of the 65,346 consultations, 35% were children, an increase of 84% in the percentage of child care.
Registered child care has as main causes, symptoms of respiratory infections and other viral and bacterial infections.