Some moments in life require medical treatment for the cure and control of certain diseases. For this, it is necessary to make use of several medicines. What no patient wants is that the medicine does not have the desired effect.
See too: Foods That Harm Your Brain Health You Should Avoid
Therefore, it is worth checking some interactions between medicines and foods that can nullify the effect of a medical prescription and still bring harm to health.
Always avoid mixing these medicines and foods at the same time:
– antidepressants: Antidepressants do not usually work well together with tyramine. This substance is found in foods such as beef, chicken, fruit, and fermented or aged products. The intake of antidepressants with tyramine can generate high blood pressure, tiredness, blurred vision, dizziness, agitation and headaches.
– anticoagulants: anticoagulants do not adapt well to the presence of vitamin K. Therefore, avoid consuming broccoli, spinach and kale. All of them are foods that go in the opposite direction of anticoagulants.
– antibiotics: finally, antibiotics present a great restriction for the consumption of alcoholic beverages. If you are undergoing treatment with this type of medicine, avoid consuming alcohol.
– digoxin: the interaction of food and medicine in the case of digoxin raises some alerts. This substance is used to treat heart failure and heart problems. Foods high in fiber, while healthy, can lessen the effect of digoxin. Some examples are: brown rice, wheat bran, oats, carrots and broccoli.
– Antiallergic: fruits such as oranges have the power to cancel the effect of some antiallergics. In addition, it increases the risk of developing gastritis, ulcer, nausea and changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmia.
What to eat to improve the effects of medication
Vitamin K does not combine with anticoagulants, but it is a nutrient that enhances other types of food. In addition, foods that have probiotics are also indicated. So, eat more of the following foods: Broccoli; Spinach; Parsley; Mustard; Banana; Chicory; Cereals; Breads.