After the resounding success of Elden Ring, there’s been a lot of speculation about FromSoftware’s next steps — and apparently, the company is already preparing something behind the scenes. Recently, Hidetaka Miyazaki, president of the studio, revealed that there is an unannounced project in the final stages of development.
The information came through 4Gamer, a vehicle in which Miyazaki gave an interview. As the site is in Japanese, Nibellion, a highly credible profile on Twitter, translated some of the most important points. Check it out below:
New interview with FROM Software’s Hidetaka Miyazaki
– an unannounced project is in the final stages of development
– Miyazaki intends to continue to focus on directing games and is already working on his next game
– ER will receive more updateshttps://t.co/x07L4qlCpq pic.twitter.com/mUUmbSlNMS
— Nibel (@Nibellion) June 24, 2022
New interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki from FromSoftware.
- An unannounced project is in the final stages of development.
- Miyazaki intends to remain focused on game direction and is already working on his next game.
- Elden Ring will receive more updates.
In addition to the title in “final stage of development”, Miyazaki also confirmed that he wants to “continue focused on directing games” and that he is already working on his next project. Finally, the developer said that Elden Ring will receive more updates.
FromSoftware works to improve compensation for studio employees
Elsewhere in the interview, the director pointed out that FromSoftware is looking to improve salaries for in-house employees (veterans and newcomers), also noting that the work environment has “improved a lot” in recent years.
Miyazaki also notes that FromSoftware is working to improve the compensation and treatment of its employees and that it plans to increase salaries for young and mid-career employees. He says the work environment has “improved a lot” in recent years.
What will be the next project of the Japanese studio? guesses? Comment below!