With 100 days to go before the World Cup debut in Qatar, the Brazilian men’s team has a busy schedule in the coming days. In addition to the scouting games in Spain, Portugal and Italy, the commission is going to Mexico for the first time to accompany Daniel Alves at his new club. Tite, personally, goes to England and France for the last definitions before the list scheduled for the 9th of September.
The CBF released this afternoon another 10 observation games. The objective is to seek as much information about athletes on Tite’s radar as possible and also to accompany those recovering from injury.
The most notable case is that of Lucas Veríssimo, from Benfica. Assistant Matheus Bachi and physical trainer Fábio Mahseradijian travel to Madrid and Turin, but stop in Lisbon to see the former Santos defender up close. He trains with his Benfica teammates, but has not yet entered the field for the Portuguese team.
+ After cancellation of classic with Argentina, CBF advances for friendlies against Africans
+ Tite redoubles attention with the preparation of athletes on the eve of the Cup: “We are not going to please everyone”
Coach Tite and assistant Cléber Xavier: commission travels to follow observations before a new call-up — Photo: Reproduction/RBS TV/Gabriel Bolfoni
+ Selection Radar: Jesus “da Várzea” seeks balance at a better moment on the eve of the Cup
+ Selection will accompany Lucas Veríssimo and has an eye on Juventus and Roma defenders
– We cannot be closed because 100 days is a long period and we are talking about a Cup that is different from the others in many aspects, especially physical, with games every three days. It is up to our committee, within our ethical limits, to guide athletes to seek the best preparation and gather as much information as possible. Athletes compete loyally with each other and they know it – said Tite, to the CBF website.
The commission scheduled the follow-up of two Pumas games, on August 21 and 24. Cesar Sampaio, Tite’s assistant, travels with the physiologist Guilherme Passos, one of those responsible for monitoring physical indices in the team of the coach of the Brazilian national team. Daniel Alves, 39, has made four appearances so far for the new team in Mexico.
Tite speaks exclusively to Globo Esporte
The observation schedule:
- 08/17 – Athletico Paranaense vs Flamengo (Cleber Xavier and César Sampaio)
- 08/17 – Fluminense vs Fortaleza (Tite and Matheus Bachi)
- 08/21 – Palmeiras vs Flamengo (Tite and Cleber Xavier)
- 08/21 – Atletico Madrid v Villareal (Matheus Bachi and Fábio Mahseredjian)
- 08/21 – Pumas vs Santos Laguna (César Sampaio and Guilherme Passos)
- 08/23 – Benfica vs Dynamo Kiev (Matheus Bachi and Fábio Mahseredjian)
- 08/24 – Pumas vs Tigres (César Sampaio and Guilherme Passos)
- 08/27 – Juventus v Roma (Matheus Bachi and Fábio Mahseredjian)
- 08/27 – Arsenal v Fulham (Tite and Juninho Paulista)
- 08/28 – PSG vs Monaco (Tite and Juninho Paulista)