The Master League in Pokémon Go gives you the opportunity to take the most powerful Pokémon you have acquired in the mobile game and use them in a battle against other players. You want to bring the best Pokemon you have, which usually means leaning on the many legendaries that have popped up over the years to define the majority of your team. Here’s what you need to know about the best Pokémon teams for Master League in Pokémon Go.
The best Pokémon teams for the Master League
The Master League allows you to use any Pokémon and there are no CP or XL restrictions. Because of this, trainers who have reached level 40 or higher are often the toughest opponents. Make sure you have boosted your Pokemon by feeding them XL Candies.
Related: Is Zekrom good and how to best use it in Pokemon Go?
Dragonite, Solgaleo and Meloetta
The first team we’ll be highlighting features Dragonite as the lead Pokémon. It is one of the best Pokemon to start with in Master League and you can trade it out for Meloetta as a backup option. We recommend booking Solgaleo as your ultimate Pokémon, but this can change depending on your opponent.
- Dragonite: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Dragon Claw and Superpower
- Solgaelo: Fire Spin (Fast Movement), Psychic Fangs, and Iron Head
- Meloetta: Quick Attack (fast movement), Psyshock and Dazzling Gleam
Lugia, Kyurem and Giratina (Origin)
The next team features Lugia, the legendary Psychic and Flying-type Pokémon. If you can use a hidden version of Lugia, this would be preferred. Although both versions are powerful, we recommend teaming up with Giratina (Origin) and Kyurem, both of which can be traded as the ultimate Pokémon. Lugia is a good starter, but don’t worry about switching it out for one of these other Pokemon if it takes too much damage.
- Lugia: Dragon Tail (fast movement), Sky Attack and Aeroblast
- Kyurem: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Glaciate and Dragon Claw
- Giratina (Origin): Shadow Claw (fast movement), Shadow Ball and Ominous Wind
Zacian (Hero), Groudon and Zekrom
For this team, we’ll be swapping out the Flying-type lead Pokémon for Zacian, a Fairy-type. Multiple Dragon-type Pokemon will be used throughout this competition, so this could be a good lead or closest Pokemon on your team. Groudon is the strongest Ground-type Pokemon you can use in this competition, and it’s one we highly recommend, especially alongside Zekrom, a Dragon and Electric type.
- Zacian (Hero): Quick Attack (fast movement), Melee Combat, and Rough Play
- Groudon: Mud Shot (fast movement), Earthquake and Fire Punch
- Zekrom: Dragon Breathquickast move), Crunch and Fusion Bolt
Mewtwo, Xerneas and Gyarados
This team uses Mewtwo as the leader Pokémon, one of the strongest psychic types. Like Lugia, you may want to use the shadow version if you have this Pokemon, but both are acceptable options. Also, you’ll want to add Xerneas to your team and Gyarados, one of the strongest non-Dragon-type Pokémon that Master League players use frequently.
- Mewtwo: Psychoc Cut (fast movement), Psystrike and Shadow Ball
- Xerneas: Tackle (fast movement), Close Combat and Moonblast
- Gyarados: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Aqua Tail and Crunch
Reshiram, Florges and Zarude
The last team on this list consists of Reshiram, Florges, and Zaruda. Reshiram is a powerful Dragon and Fire-type Pokemon, but feel free to switch it out for Florges if you’re taking too much damage from other Dragon types. Finally, you may want to reserve Zarude as the ultimate Pokémon for your team, which will catch your opponent off guard. Zarude is a strong Pokémon with enough defense to withstand several Pokémon attacks before fainting.
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath (fast movement), Fusion Flare and Draco Meteor
- Florges: Fairy Wind (fast movement), Moonblast and Disarming Voice
- Zarude: Vine Whip (fast movement), Dark Pulse and Power Whip