LANSING, MI – A Michigan player was among eight players who won $1 million, but there was no winner of the $720 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, July 21.
That means the Tuesday, July 25 drawing will be worth $820 million with a cash option of $422 million.
Mega Millions numbers for July 21: 29-40-47-50-57
The Gold Mega Ball: 25
Mega Millions winners on July 21:
· Although there was no grand prize winner, eight players matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million in the drawing. These tickets were sold in California, Florida (2X), Michigan, North Carolina (2X) and New Jersey (2X).
· But none of these players also played the Megaplier option, which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, the $1 million winner was the largest prize won in the state. The winning ticket was sold at the Hunter and Wayne Liquor store at 35201 Hunter Ave. in Westland.
· 1,136,941 tickets were sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 38,671 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 23.00. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 to 70; The mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 to 25. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets are $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, July 22, with an estimated jackpot of $20 million and a cash option of $10.4 million.
· The next Lotto 47 draw is on Saturday 22 July at 19:29 with a jackpot of $6 million. The deadline is at 19.08 that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $100,000. The drawing is at 19.29. The deadline is at 19.08
For the latest on the Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery websitewhich also offers more information about instant tickets, draws and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL Lottery Club, which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And even if they were lucky winners, it’s smart for punters to check their tickets right away, as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren 2021 was not picked up. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.