It has arrived! The first patch of the year 2023 of League of Legendsthe popular MOBA from Riot Games, is now available from the January 10. With this update the game gives the welcome a the new Season 2023 and the restart of the qualifiers, an event that has been accompanied by a new kinematics titled “The Threshold of Infinity”:
This LoL patch includes numerous changes to champions, a medium Jax update, item adjustments, and much more. If you want be up to date of the changes, in this news we show you below the most relevant details from version 13.1.
Champion Balance Changes
In version 13.1 of League of Legends these are all general changes suffered by the champions of the game:
- Aatrox: Passive damage decreased. E’s bonus healing from R decreased. R’s bonus movement speed decreased.
- Dr World: Base health reduced. Armor growth decreased. E bonus attack damage decreased.
- Fiora: Passive AD scaling decreased. Q bonus AD scaling decreased.
- Jayce: Increases basic attack damage. Q Hammer form base damage increased. W hammer damage increased.
- K’Sante: Base movement speed decreased. Passive base damage decreased. W physical damage decreased.
- Lissandra: Increases life growth. Q slow increased. W cooldown decreased.
- Ramus: Base AD and base health decreased. W adjusted and flat armor and armor scaling decreased.
- Shaco: Q mana cost decreased and Backstab damage increased. W AD ratio increased.
- Zion: Increases base health. Increases the damage of charged Q to maximum.
- Twisted Fate: Q cooldown now decreases when leveling it up. W’s Blue Card and Red Card AP ratios are increased.
- Xayah: Base attack speed and attack speed ratio increased.
- Yuumi: Q base damage decreased.
- Zery: Attack damage growth decreased. Q base damage decreased.
Jax Medium Update
Champion Jax has received the following medium update:
Q – Jump Strike
- Physical damage: 65/105/145/185/225 (+100% bonus AD) (+60% AP) ⇒ 65/105/145/185/225 (+100% bonus AD) (+0% AP)
E – Counterattack
- minimum damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+50% bonus AD) physical damage ⇒ 55/85/115/145/175 (+4% target’s max health) (+100% AP) damage magical.
- Additional damage per dodged attack: 20% total damage ⇒ 20% base damage
R – Master’s Power
- Cooling: 80 seconds ⇒ 100/90/80 seconds
- Third hit bonus passive magic damage: 100/140/180 (+70% AP) ⇒ 80/120/160 (+60% AP)
- Jax’s R animation, sound effects, and visual effects have been updated.
- New active: Jax swings his bluff, dealing 150/250/350 (+100% AP) magic damage to nearby enemies. If he hits a champion, he gains 25/45/65 (+40% bonus AD) armor + 15/20/25% (+10% bonus AD) for each champion hit. In addition, he gains 60% of said value as magic resist for 8 sec. During that period, passive damage is applied every 2 attacks, instead of every 3.
Version 13.1 includes the following changes to League of Legends items:
- Ability power: 85 ⇒ 100.
Jak’Sho, the Protein
- Cost: 3100 ⇒ 3200.
- Void Hatchling Stamina Stack: 2 per second (+15% total resistances at max stacks) ⇒ 2 per second (+20% total resistances at max stacks)
- Drain Damage: 3% maximum health ⇒ 80 (+7% bonus health).
- Only for champions (New): Void Hatchling’s resistance drain will no longer affect minions and monsters.
rod of ages
- Life: 300 ⇒ 400.
- Eternity Movement Speed Activation Requirement: 250 heal or mana restore ⇒ 200 heal or mana restore
- Eternity Bonus Movement Speed: 25% ⇒ 35%.
- Movement Speed Duration: 2s ⇒ 3s
- Movement Speed Decreased (Upgrade): Movement speed granted by Eternity now slowly decays.
- Total cost: 2600 ⇒ 3000
- Ability power: 60 ⇒ 80.
- Skill Speed: 0 ⇒ 10.
- Passive – Amazement: Grants ability speed equal to 0.5% bonus mana ⇒ Grants AP equal to 1% bonus mana
Embrace of the Seraph
- Passive – Empreo (Removed): Removed the Empyrean passive from Seraph’s Embrace and replaced it with Lifeguard.
- Passive – Lifeguard (New): Upon taking an amount of damage that causes you to drop below 30% health, gain a 250 (+20% current mana) shield (90 second cooldown).
- Passive – Amazement: Grants ability speed equal to 1.3% bonus mana ⇒ Grants AP equal to 2.5% bonus mana
arrival of winter
- Total cost: 2700 ⇒ 2600.
- Life: 350 ⇒ 400.
- Life (The Great Winter): 350 ⇒ 400.
Version 13.1 includes the following changes to the runes from League of Legends:
- Tenacity per Legend stack: 5% (+2.5% per Legend stack) ⇒ 5% (+1.5% per Legend stack)
- Maximum Tenacity at maximum stacks: 30% ⇒ 20%.
The 2023 season arrives with version 13.1! ✨
🔸 Changes to how to climb the ranks
🔸 Jax Medium Update
🔸 ARAM balance updates
🔸 Aspects of the Lunar New Year
🗒️ https://t.co/8DGaBUaHCW pic.twitter.com/vnqHusH3PS League of Legends EN (@lol_es) January 10, 2023
ARAM tweaks and improvements
Version 13.1 includes these general improvements in ARAM:
- Life Steal Effectiveness Against Minions: 50% ⇒ 60% (note: marksmen are the most impacted by the changes, so we’re bringing some power back to lifesteal with the idea of slightly buffing this entire class. Since we’re also going to Modifying the main rivals of the marksmen, the colossi and the assassins, we are not going to overdo it too much, we will see if this class needs some additional help).
- Time of deaths: We are going to reduce kill times by 1s at all levels 1-18 (note: in patch 12.23 we extended kill times by 3s towards the end of the game. Let’s take a step back from what referring to that change and to monitor the duration of the games while we study future adjustments).
- Draven: Damage dealt: 100% ⇒ 105%.
- Kai’Sa: Damage inflicted: 100% ⇒ 105%; attack speed scaling: 100% ⇒ 102.5%
- Kalista: Damage dealt: 105% ⇒ 110%.
- Lucian: Damage dealt: 103% ⇒ 105%; tenacity: 0% ⇒ 20%.
- Lulu: Shield Mod: 100% ⇒ 110%.
- Nunu and Willump: Damage dealt: 108% ⇒ 110%; damage taken: 92% ⇒ 90%; tenacity: 0% ⇒ 20%.
- Udyr: Damage dealt: 100% ⇒ 105%; tenacity: 0% ⇒ 20%.
- Yuumi: Healing Modifier: 100% ⇒ 110%.
- Zeri: Damage dealt: 105% ⇒ 110%.
First competitive split of the 2023 season
Begins the first split. The classification is already has restarted and with this reset come the following features:
- New rewards to get: As you move up the ranks, you can earn them by accumulating Split Points by completing matches. You will get 10 split points for winning and 6 for losing. Take a look at the rewards from the ranked section in the client.
- The qualifying aspect of the first split: It can be achieved by players of all levels, but the number of points required to do so will vary depending on the level (80 points for Gold and higher levels, and 1600 points for Silver and lower levels). Also, after you get the skin, you will keep it even if you descend. The skin will be released when the first split of the 2023 season comes to an end.
- The promotion phases: they have gone from using a best-of-five format to a best-of-three format.
- Constraint has been disabled: which prevents you from playing ranked on o in Master MMR or higher until the release of patch 13.3. Please note that the restrictions on both based on visible level are still in place, so those who reach Master or higher will not be able to play on do.
- The visible level: It is no longer used for matchmaking, only MMR (this change will be implemented in patch 12.23).
Upcoming skins and chromas
On this occasion Riot Games has communicated the following new skins and chromas that will arrive throughout this version 13.1 of LoL:
- Available from January 12, 2023: Mythmakers Irelia, Mythmakers Galio, Mythmakers Garen, Mythmakers Sivir, Mythmakers Zyra, Lunar Empress Ashe, Lunar Guardian Kha’Zix, Lunar Guardian Malphite, Lunar Empress Qiyana, Lunar Emperor Thresh, Porcelain Lissandra Prestige and Sivir Prestige Mythmaker.
- New chromas coming soon: Mythosper Irelia, Mythostor Galio, Mythostor Garen, Mythostor Sivir, Mythostor Zyra, Lunar Empress Ashe, Lunar Guardian Kha’Zix, Lunar Guardian Malphite, Lunar Empress Qiyana, and Lunar Emperor Thresh.
Season 2023 will bring many surprises!
💫 Milio, a new sorcerer from Ixtal
🌑 Naafiri, the new assassin midlaner
🩸 A new hungry jungler
🖌️ An artistic midlaner
🦂 Skarner VGU Update
Which do you most want to discover? pic.twitter.com/PMSy5xzYfa League of Legends EN (@lol_es) January 10, 2023
you can consult the notes in full of the patch from this official link.
League of Legends is a MOBA found totally free for pc gamers. To find out more about him you can read our analysis and if you want to delve into his universe on the right foot, do not hesitate to visit our tips and tricks guide.