The latest Overwatch 2 patch notes introduce a round of buffs as part of the mid-season update, giving several underpowered heroes a much-needed boost. These came alongside the reveal of Overwatch 2’s god abilities in Battle for Olympus, which grants various characters new themed powers to match their god skins in a special event mode for the Blizzard FPS game.
Game director Aaron Keller notes that the balance patch is “a bit lighter than usual because some of its planned changes were ahead of the mid-December patch,” which included heavy nerfs to Doomfist and the promise of a Roadhog mild review. There’s a small but noticeable health boost for Brig’s shield, improved energy retention for Zarya’s charged energy, and an adjustment for Moira that allows her biotic orb to restore some biotic energy when she deals damage, which should help her out. to keep your healing resources to the max.
The biggest winner, however, is Junker Queen. His passive lifesteal from wounds now heals the remaining damage if an affected enemy dies, giving him a bit more sustain. Additionally, some of the on-hit damage from directly landing her thrown jagged blade is now applied as a wound, which stacks with the blade’s memory and quick melee wounds from her. Finally, her Carnage’s ax now gains a two second cooldown reduction per enemy hit.
All of these changes should help the abdominally gifted tanky Aussie maintain his health in fights – his Carnage also applies wounds, so hitting multiple people at once and getting it back even faster should really help keep him topped up. Her passive was buffed a while back, buffing self-healing of wounds to 125% of damage dealt, so expect to see her be a bit more survivable with the new upgrade.
Whether that will be enough to help her stain herself alongside Roadhog, Orisa, and Ramattra, who all look pretty dominant right now, remains to be seen. keller too add That Roadhog’s initial planned changes, which lead hero designer Alec Dawson suggested would focus on a nerf to his unique ability, are currently “scheduled for mid to late January.”
Overwatch Patch Notes 2 – January 5
- Gameplay reports for completed matches in the history tab will persist between sessions and will reset between patches instead of each session.
- The 2023 Competitive Capture the Flag season begins on January 10 and can be found in the Competitive Play menu.
- The competitive game loading screen has been updated.
Junker Queen (improved)
- Adrenaline Rush (Passive): Now heals remaining wound damage when an enemy dies with wounds.
- Butcher shop: Cooldown is now reduced by 2 seconds for each enemy hit.
- toothed blade: Thrown impact damage reduced from 80 to 50.
- toothed blade: Direct hits thrown now add a 30 damage wound to the stuck target. Stacks with injuries dealt by Quick Melee or jagged strikes from Blade.
- Energy degeneration reduced from 2.2 to 2 per second.
- The delay before energy decay begins after gaining energy increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
- Barrier Shield: Health increased from 250 to 300.
- Biotic Orb: Dealing damage with Biotic Orb now restores a small amount of biotic energy.
For the extended patch notes, including a full list of bug fixes, you can check out the full post on the Blizzard forums.
These changes may mean changes to our Overwatch 2 tier list, where you’ll find the best characters to use in multiplayer right now. We’ve also got a full guide to the best Overwatch 2 builds to ensure peak performance, along with an explanation of all Overwatch 2 maps and game modes if you still can’t find your way around in the hero shooter.