Rayssa Leal: the “braba” of skateboarding. Olympic medalist in Tokyo 2020, current number 1 in the street world ranking. An athlete we already know well, or is even her name still arousing curiosity? Rayssa will be one of the highlights of the STU in Porto Alegre with transmission of sportv and the TV Globo.
World champion Rayssa Leal competes in Porto Alegre at STU
– Jhúlia Rayssa Mendes Leal (it’s my full name). But calm down, let me explain, it’s not Julia, it’s Júlia. She has an accent. However, already in my passport I took it. (No one knows), I think that, at most, just the fan clubs – he jokes.
The nickname Fadinha is another theme that generates a lot of repercussions, after all, it was the video of her skateboarding at the age of seven in this costume that first brought Rayssa to the public. It’s not really annoying, but it’s not a favorite way to be called.
– Now, for me everything is fine, but like this, I prefer Rayssa Leal. I was very little, seven years old… Do the math… I’m happy because it helped me a lot, that video that my mother recorded helped me a lot to get where I am today, but my name will go down in history, but I prefer call me Rayssa Leal.
Even with the “hype” of her routine, the Olympic medalist claims that she manages to have a “normal life”. She goes to school, manages to hang out with her friends. Recently, she turned 15 and had a party that made her very happy.
– It was very good, the best experience possible. In fact, I think I was most looking forward to the dances. Because I don’t know, but I was really looking forward to dancing with my dad, with my best friend, with my brother and with my best friends too.
– Wow, it was really cool, it was such an unforgettable experience I think just being there. I was the first Brazilian to be invited to the parade. So we broke a record. I met a lot of people, I took pictures with a lot of people too. And I got to see Zendaya up close. I just couldn’t take a picture with her. She is very beautiful.
The photo with Zendaya didn’t happen. Rayssa comments that she prefers to enjoy the moments when she meets people she admires. She is a fan of many people, but also an inspiration. And there was no shortage of famous people asking to take a picture with the skater.
– I took a picture with Will Smith’s son. And he’s really nice, really nice people, I swear. We met (Pharrell too), he asked me to make a video for his daughter, Sun, she is six years old. He came up to me and said: ‘look, my daughter is a big fan of hers, can you record a video for her’. There I was already like this (hand shaking).
Rayssa Leal is one of the highlights of the STU in Porto Alegre this weekend, broadcast on sportv and also within Esporte Espetacular on TV Globo.
– The STU Criciúma could not go because of my party, but now it will work. Porto Alegre, this weekend, will work. Look, I’ve never been to Porto Alegre like this to skate, there’s a really cool track there, which will be where the championship will take place. The biggest runway in Latin America. So I’m pretty excited. It will be too cool – concludes.
Check out the STU Porto Alegre schedule:
2 pm to 3:20 pm – Women’s Street semifinal (live on SporTV3)
3:10 pm to 4:30 pm – Women’s Park Semifinal
5:00 pm to 6:20 pm – Men’s Street Semifinal
6:20 pm to 7:40 pm – Men’s Park Semifinal (live on SporTV3)
11:05 am to 12:05 pm – Women’s Final Street (live on TV Globo)
2 pm to 3:15 pm – Women’s Final Park (live on SporTV2)
3:05 pm to 4:30 pm – Paraskate Street Final
4:30 pm to 5:45 pm – Men’s Final Street (live on SporTV2)
5:45 pm to 7 pm – Men’s Final Park (live on SporTV2)
Rayssa Leal will come to Porto Alegre to compete in the STU National