VALORANT starts its 3rd year as a competitive video game in the marketplacing himself in a meteoric time as one of the shooter reference both at a casual level, as well as competitive and at an electronic sport level.
Countless players, organizations, staff coaches, coaches and spectators already form a gigantic community that looks like it will not stop growing, so Riot is going to continue doing what it knows how to do: update and improve the game.
And it is that episode 6 has officially started with Act I of the game’s patch 6.0, which brings with it a new mapaspect line changes, settings balance and much more.
VALORANT starts the year not only with the patch, but with an average of 23 million players by the end of 2022 And one thing is clear: it is one of the games that will mark the future of the competitive year. We review the notes.
VALORANT 6.0 Patch Notes
New Map – LOTUS
- Lotus is a new map with three zones that offers various rotation options. Discover the secrets of these ancient ruins.
- Please note that the Lotus-exclusive queue will only be available in quick mode for one week; it will then move to competitive and normal map rotation with version 6.1.
Split returns with some slight modifications to help attackers.
- To Main
- The first point of conflict for attackers has been enlarged and a small ledge has been added.
- A Main Box
- The box next to the orb has been reduced to give attackers a new position from which to observe A.
- To Beams:
- The bottom area has been removed to make attacking easier.
- To Tower:
- The rear has been flattened to make it easier for both teams to push their way onto the ramps.
- Mid Bot:
- It is now possible to silently drop down the Mid platform.
- Removed the cheat to jump into the Mid box, for simplicity.
- B Tower:
- The box on the defending side has been removed to simplify spacing.
- B Corner:
- The corner has been softened to facilitate the advance.
- Breeze and Bind have been removed from the Competitive and Normal map rotation, but are still available in all other modes.
Changes in Agents
Dark Veil (E) of Omen
- Dark Veil inside walls will now drop to the height of the nearby ground.
- Most Operator utility tools (except Molotovs, whose utility is yet to be implemented) will now deal damage to the breakable door on Lotus, as well as wall plates on Ascent and Haven.
COMPETITIVE MODE UPDATES
- Reminder about the episode restart: With each new episode comes the ranking reset! Don’t be surprised if your Ranked Rank is lower than it was at the end of Episode 5. Good luck on your climb!
- for all players: Your ranked score will depend a little more on your wins and losses and a little less on the exact differential of rounds of each game.
- For players whose ranks are very different from their MMR: Now the point gains will depend more on the individual performance of each player than on the round differential. You should also see your rank and MMR converge faster.
- Riot Games has listened to the feedback from the community and you can now select your favorite variants of your weapon skins (along with some UI tweaks to help with this change). When you favorite a specific variant, only your favorite variants will now be selectable during a match where you have selected Random Favorite for that weapon type.
- At launch, your favorite weapon skins will have all unlocked variants marked as favorites for consistency with current behavior.
- Odin’s ammo will no longer visually appear upright when swapping weapon charms in the model viewer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Mercado door to break when using a skill on the next wall.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Cypher’s Tripwire (C) to be placed through Sage’s Barrier Orb (C).
- Fixed items such as traps not taking damage if placed on molotov zones that were already active.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Skye’s Seekers (X) to be seen on the minimap while still invisible if you had line of sight to their hidden location.
- Fixed a bug where suppression would not correctly break Stalker (C) control of Fade.
- Fixed a bug where Viper could disable his ult, Viper’s Pit of Viper (X), while suppressed.
- Fixed various damage interactions:
- Killjoy’s Block (X) now correctly takes damage from all abilities.
- Fixed a bug that caused Skye’s Forerunner (Q) to deal damage to enemy Skye’s Forerunner (Q) and Sova’s Recon Drone (C).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) and Breach’s Aftershock (C) from dealing damage to Raze’s Explosive Bundle (Q).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Phoenix’s Flare (C) from dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q), Raze’s Explosive Bundle (Q), Reyna’s Leer (C), Sova’s Scouting Projectile (E), and Dot /ZERO (E) of KAY/O.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brimstone’s Orbital Strike (X) from dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q).
- Fixed a bug that caused Breach’s Aftershock (C), Raze’s Curtain Closer (X), and Paintballs (E) to deal damage to an allied Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C).
- Fixed a bug where Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) would deal damage to Torment (E) from an allied Fade.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C), Combustion (C), and Phoenix’s Flare (C) from dealing damage to Chamber’s Rendez-vous (E) and Trademark (C).
New Skin Line – Araxys