Apple CarPlay is a function that allows you to use your iPhone safely and comfortably while driving your car, by linking your cell phone to the multimedia system screen.
This way, from the car display you can access your favorite iPhone apps, such as navigation, music or messages, without having to have your cell phone in hand.
Now, to link phone This can be done in two ways: Wired, connecting the iPhone to the car’s USB port; Or, without cable, Which means it has been connected remotely.
However, it should be taken into account Not all cars support Apple CarPlay wirelesslyWhich means that every time you want to use this function you have to connect the iPhone to a USB port with a cable.
Obviously, this practice of connecting it allows the phone’s battery to be charged; This may be annoying and impractical for some users, who prefer fast and easy connections.
How to connect Apple CarPlay without cable?
If the car has wireless Apple CarPlay, just follow these steps and be able to drive comfortably and safely:
- Make sure the radio is in wireless or Bluetooth mode.
- Next, on the iPhone, go to Settings and then Wi-Fi options to make sure Wi-Fi is also on.
- Then, tap CarPlay Network and check that the Auto Connect feature is activated. Then, go to Settings again, click on General, then on CarPlay and select Car.
Can an iPhone be connected wirelessly to a car that doesn’t have wireless Apple CarPlay?
However, fortunately, there are some solutions to be able to use CarPlay wirelessly in the car Requires an additional device that connects to the USB port And that serves as a wireless CarPlay receiver.
These devices can be buy online and they have a price is between $50 and $100Depends on brand and quality.
Broadly speaking, these tools allow Connect iPhone to car via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and thus be able to use CarPlay without the need for any cables. Additionally, they are frequently updated to improve performance and compatibility.
To use one of these devices, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Connect the device to the car’s USB port.
- On iPhone, go to Settings, then General, then CarPlay and select Car from the list.
- Follow the instructions on the car and iPhone screens to complete pairing.
- Once paired, CarPlay can be used wirelessly every time the car is started and the iPhone is nearby.