naval forces of usa This Saturday, they intercepted and shot down two missiles fired at a merchant ship in the South the Red SeaFiring was carried out from areas under the control of Houthi rebels From Yemen.
According to a statement from United States Central Command (CENTCOM) published on social network Singapore and was Danish owned and operated, hit by a missile and assisted by American destroyers USS Gravely And USS Laboon,
,The ship is in navigable condition and no injuries have been reported.“, CENTCOM assured on its social networks.
It is the latest in a series of incidents in the Red Sea, where the Houthis have fired missiles and drones at commercial vessels from several countries.
The Houthi attacks, which they have claimed are targeting Israeli and allied ships, are threatening a transit route that transports up to 12% of the world’s population. world TradeThat prompted the United States to create a multinational naval force earlier this month to protect shipping. the Red Sea,
usa On Thursday, a man and three exchange houses were sanctioned which it accused of facilitating the flow Iranian financial aid In their most recent response to attacks on shipping by the Yemeni movement, the Houthis.
Two exchange houses are located in Yemen and one in Turkey, the official said. treasury department This is a statement.
“Today’s action underscores our determination Restrict the illicit flow of funds to the Houthis“who continue to carry out dangerous attacks against international shipping and risk further destabilizing the region,” the Treasury Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence said in the statement. brian nelson,
The sanctions involve freezing all US assets belonging to the entities in question and generally barring Americans from doing business with them.
The Houthis have seized a dozen ships or attacked them with drones and missiles in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden From 19th November. Its purpose is to increase international costs israeli attack In Gaza.
Treasury indicated that the measures targeted a network through which an Iran-based financier, Al-Jamal saidwhich has been under US sanctions since at least June 2021, providing Iranian funding to the Houthis.
Affected people also include Al Aman Cargo Ithalat Ve Nakaliyat Limited SirketiWhich the Treasury has described as a “through point” for funding provided to the Houthis by the Security Forces Corps. Islamic Revolutionary Guard of Iran,
Houthi rebels confirmed they are “ready” to face a final “aggression” from Washington to stop rebel attacks against ships. the Red Seaand assured that they would not withdraw their support for the “oppressed” Palestinian people.
Houthi military spokesman, Yehaya SariyaReferenced the statements of the top leader of Yemeni rebels on Twitter. abdelmalik al houthiIn which he warned America that it would have to face an even tougher situation. afghanistan And vietnam If you decide to send troops to Yemen.
Sariya said, “The Yemeni Armed Forces are fully prepared militarily to implement the directives of Commander Abdul Malik (…) Al Houthi, may God protect them, at any time against our country and our people.” also face aggression.”
He stressed that the forces of the Shia movement would not hesitate to take whatever action is necessary “as part of their religious and national duties and responsibilities” in the event of a US attack, adding that they “take into account the warnings of the enemy”. Top commander.” Rebels.
(With information from AFP and EFE)