San Francisco. A federal agency ordered the recall of toys sold on Friday walmart.com, Which contained powerful magnetic balls that could pose a danger to children if swallowed.
The Consumer Safety Product Commission (CSPC) said the 5 millimeters (0.2 in) diameter balls exceed federal standards for magnetic force and can stick together and block parts of the system.
According to the Commission, no injuries have been reported from the use of this specific productOr the Relax 5mm Science Kit. It contained 216 small, multicolored magnetic balls that produced what the CPSC called “strong magnetic flux.”
according to the agencySwallowed magnets may stick to each other or to other metal objects, causing perforation, torsion and/or intestinal obstruction, infection, blood poisoning, and death.
CPSC estimates that 2,400 magnet ingestions treated in hospital emergency rooms between 2017 and 2021 And said that the agency has information Of the seven deaths related to ingestion of hazardous magnets, two involved outside the United States.
The magnet kit was sold on Walmart.com by Joybuy Marketplace Express, a unit of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com. As of noon ET, the kits were no longer visible on Walmart.com.
(to translate tags) Walmart